If you are travelling to Hong Kong you are most likely wondering what to do and see when you get there. Hong Kong provides a rich and varied culture that amazes and dazzles tourists from all around the world. There are so many astonishing things to find it can be tricky to restrict your itinerary. Here are five top places which you ought to have in your trip.
- Aberdeen Harbor Boat Ride: This harbor was featured in many films and TV shows. Have dinner at one of the floating restaurants or have a tour throughout the harbor at a wooden sampan.
- Go to the Man Mo Temple: This temple is called after Man, the god of literature, and Mo, the god of martial arts. Inside you can find a glimpse of worshippers burning incense paper coils. You will also see sculptures of the temple’s namesakes; Man retains a calligraphy brush and Mo holds a sword. This is one of the main temples in Hong Kong and history buffs will find it fascinating to learn about.
- Architecture Tour: This is an excellent way to see all the main buildings and landmarks in HK and find out about the town’s history. The tours normally take around 3 hours to complete and are conducted by a local architect.
- Lantau Island: Situated high in the Lantau hills sits HK’s biggest Buddhist monastery. There are 260 measures to walk up to the 100 foot tall statue of Buddha. While you are on the island, take in a nature walk, or sample a few vegetarian cuisines at the monastery. You will without doubt enjoy the stunning views of the hillsides.
- Tsim Sha Tsui: This is among the most popular attractions for tourists and visitors. This district will dazzle you with shopping malls, restaurants, bars, cafes and designer shops. You could also visit a range of cultural attractions such as the Museum of Art and the Space Museum. Take in a concert or dance performance in the cultural centre.
You will surely get a taste of HK culture when you visit. The things to do in hong kong has many other websites and tourist attractions, but if your time is limited, these are places you will surely want to see. You will find a sense of the city’s culture and history and have a deeper respect for the own people. Ask your travel agent if one of these tours can be included in your trip package.